Since we moved to Germany in 2021, we have yet to share a video about why we chose this country specifically. Find out why we moved our family of six to Germany.
Why We Think Germany is an Awesome Place to Live!
There are many great countries in Europe in which to live now, which is awesome! Many immigrants come to Europe for the lifestyle, the work-life balance, the walkable towns, the strong economies, the social safety nets, and great education systems. So why did we choose Germany instead of Belgium, Denmark, France, Sweden, Norway, Italy, Spain, the Netherlands…? Well in this video, we share 15 reasons why we chose Germany, and why we think it’s an awesome place to move to and raise a family!
Watch all of our videos about living in Germany as Americans
- Life in Germany vs. USA – 10 Things We Don’t Have in Germany
- Life in Germany vs. USA – 10 Things We Have in Germany, but Didn’t Have in America
- How Life is Different in Germany as Americans
- What Our American Kids Think of Life in Germany
- Buying a Car in Germany as Americans
- Surprising German Culture Shocks as Americans
- 20 Things We Missed about Germany While Being in the USA
- Problems with my German Resident Permit, Driver’s License & Health Insurance
- Have Our German Skills Improved Since Last Year?
- Foreign Language Anxiety & How We Conquered Them
- Celebrating One Year Living in Germany
- How Germans & Scandinavians Have Taught Me to Love Winter
- Moving to Germany from the USA – One Year Later
In February of 2021, we packed up our American family of six, with four kids ages 11 and under, and moved halfway across the world to Germany to follow our dream of living in Europe again! When we were first married, we lived for two years in France and fell in love with the European way of life. Moving to Germany has been a whirlwind, especially with four kids in tow, but we’re already growing stronger and better from the experiences we are having. It has NOT been easy, but that’s how it usually is in life when you go after your dreams!
If you’d like to see our whole journey to getting here and to follow along with our travels, join our email list below (at the bottom of this post) to get one email each week with our latest post and YouTube video!
Like Hearing About Our Adventures?
Check out all of the blog posts I’ve written and videos we’ve recorded for YouTube by clicking here. You can watch them from the beginning to current day!