Who doesn’t love barefoot sandals? I know I do! They are perfect for the beach and pretty much any other summertime activity. Although we don’t have a beach nearby, we can still enjoy the fun of decorating our feet.
We have this rule in my house about no shoes. We started taking our shoes off when my aunt and uncle moved in with us. I believe I was about 5 or 6 years old I am not sure, but ever since then it has stuck with me. Your floors stay so clean and so do the bottoms of your feet. Less dirt tracked into the house the less there is to clean up. Call me crazy, but anything that makes my daily chores easier is a win in my book! There is only one problem.
As you are probably realizing from my last couple of posts, my girls like to dress up. This includes princess shoes. Since we don’t do shoes in the house other than house shoes, I figured that I should make them some barefoot sandals. These are what I came up with and they didn’t take long to make at all. They are pretty simple, but I have included a few pictures to kind of guide you through. The girls love them. Nonny is the one who’s feet are shown above. Lili is currently wearing this pair with her winter coat and a dress. I love how she has her own style.
Barefoot Flower Sandals – Free Crochet Pattern by Stacey Williams
- Worsted Weight Yarn
- Yarn Needle
- Size 7 (4.5) mm hook
- 2 Beads
- Sl st- Slip Stitch
- Ch- Chain
- Sc- Single Crochet
- Dc- Double Crochet
- Tr- Treble Crochet – Yarn over twice, insert the hook into the stitch, yarn over, pull up a loop, yarn over, pull through 2 loops, yarn over, pull through 2 loops, yarn over, pull through the last 2 loops.
- Magic Circle
- Ch 2, dc 4 into the circle. Turn
- Ch 2, dc into the next stitch, 2 dc into the next stitch, dc into the next 2 stitches. Turn
- Ch 2, dc into the next 2 stitches, 2 tr into the next stitch, dc into the next 2 stitches. Sl st down the side of the petal back to the circle.
- Repeat rows 2-4 (4 times)
6. Ch 12, sl st into the circle between the 2 petals to create a loop.
7. Tie off.
8. Ch 45, find the top center petal and sc into 3 the top 3 stitches, ch 45.
9. Tie off.
10. Weave in all of your ends to make sure that it is secure.
11. Sew the bead onto the center of the flower.
You can tie them 2 ways! If you want it longer to wrap around the leg several times, just make a longer chain. (Change the ch 45 to a larger number.)