A quick and easy recipe for a homemade muscle rub to soothe tired muscles and joints.
Since I started using essential oils from Young Living in 2013, I’ve used them many a time for stiff and tired muscles and joints. Like after an intense yoga class, or spending a morning outside weeding in the garden, or when I’ve been carrying baby Ella on one arm for too long and my neck seizes up! That happens a lot! I keep having to remind myself to carry her on the other side. These essential oils are so powerful and when used regularly, can really help your body work like it was designed to work.
DIY Soothing Muscle Rub Recipe
- 4 oz (1/2 cup) coconut oil
- 10 drops Peppermint essential oil
- 10 drops Wintergreen essential oil
- 5 drops Clove (for added heat!) essential oil
- Or skip the peppermint and wintergreen and use a blend like PanAway Cool Azul from Young Living for even more power and results! Read more below.
- 4 oz glass jar or plastic jar with the letters HDPE or PETE on the bottom
Stir the coconut oil until it softens with a spoon or fork. Then add the essential oils and stir. So easy! Rub on muscles and joints that need some loving care, some attention. Makes for a great massage, too!
Essential Oils to Use
I only use Young Living essential oils – they are my fav! They are the highest quality and most effective oils I’ve ever used, and believe me, I’ve used a ton of other brands! You can get them through me as a wholesale member or as a customer, here, which is hands-down the easiest and best bargain way to go!
Other DIY essential oil recipes
- Homemade All Natural Perfume
- Ten Healing Benefits of Yoga
- Pillow Spray with Essential Oils
- Bentonite Clay Face Mask
- Calm Essential Oil Spray Recipe