Come along with us as we take our kids to Burg Eltz for the first time!
An Iconic, Fairytale German Castle
Come along with us as we take our kids to Burg Eltz for the first time! Kevin and I have both seen the castle, but we were happy for our kids to see the inside of a well-maintained and beautiful castle. Burg Eltz has been around for more than 850 years and has only had one armed conflict in that entire time! A very rare occurrence for a castle. It is still owned by the original family that built it – the Eltz family. In fact, they live on the top floors!
Our kids really enjoyed it, despite being tired from our vacation in Galtür, Austria the week before. Their favorite part was picking out a souvenir from the gift shop! LOL
If you’d like to see more pictures of the inside of the castle (filming isn’t allowed), click here.
To see the restaurant in Treis-Karden, which we can highly recommend, visit here.
Watch all of the videos about our experiences traveling in Germany & other European countries:
- The Fascinating History of Venetian Masks & the Rialto Bridge
- Is Venice Worth the Hype or Is it TOO Touristy?
- Our First Ski Holiday in the Austrian Alps
- Seeing Munich through the Eyes of a Child (Part 1)
- Seeing Munich, Germany through the Eyes of a Child (Part 2)
- Munich’s Old Town – A Historical Walking Tour
- We Visited Herrenchiemsee Palace – one of Germany’s Versailles!
- Travel to Beautiful Lake Chiemsee – The Bavarian Sea
- A Family Excursion in the Majestic Bavarian Alps
- We Visited Burghausen Castle – the Longest Castle in the World
- We Visited Reit im Winkl + a Hike for Our Wedding Anniversary
- Our Vacation to Galtür, Austria + the Tyrolean Alps
- A Magical Day Trip to Königssee and Obersee Lakes
- Americans Take a Trip to Reichsburg Cochem Castle in Germany
In February of 2021, we packed up our American family of six, with four kids ages 11 and under, and moved halfway across the world to Germany to follow our dream of living in Europe again! When we were first married, we lived for two years in France and fell in love with the European way of life. Moving to Germany has been a whirlwind, especially with four kids in tow, but we’re already growing stronger and better from the experiences we are having. It has NOT been easy, but that’s how it usually is in life when you go after your dreams!
If you’d like to see our whole journey to getting here and to follow along with our travels, join our email list below (at the bottom of this post) to get one email each week with our latest post and YouTube video!
Like Hearing About Our Adventures?
Check out all of the blog posts I’ve written and videos we’ve recorded for YouTube by clicking here. You can watch them from the beginning to current day!