Today YOU get to decide if we’ve become “Germanized” as Americans since moving to Germany in February 2021. In this video, we take you around our house to show you things we didn’t have in America but have now that we live in Germany.
You Decide If We Have Been Germanized
In today’s video, we are taking you all around our house to show you how we live our lives now that we live in Germany. Do we live like Germans or Americans? Have we really become Germanized? Let us know in the comments below!
Since we started sharing about our lives as Americans here in Germany, we’ve gotten many comments along the way that we’re getting “Germanized.” This is a term we’d never heard before – we don’t say in the USA, you’ve become “Americanized.” So it was totally new to us!
Watch all of our videos about living in Germany as Americans
- Life in Germany vs. USA – 10 Things We Don’t Have in Germany
- Life in Germany vs. USA – 10 Things We Have in Germany but Didn’t Have in America
- How Life is Different in Germany as Americans
- What Our American Kids Think of Life in Germany
- Buying a Car in Germany as Americans
- Surprising German Culture Shocks as Americans
- 20 Things We Missed about Germany While Being in the USA
- Celebrating One Year Living in Germany
- Moving to Germany from the USA – One Year Later
- Problems with my German Resident Permit, Driver’s License & Health Insurance
- Have Our German Skills Improved Since Last Year?
- 15 Reasons Why We Chose to Move to Germany
- Card Tricks in German
- German Culture Shocks That Never Actually Happened to Us (As Americans)
- How Germany Made Us More Eco-Friendly
In February of 2021, we packed up our American family of six, with four kids ages 11 and under, and moved halfway across the world to Germany to follow our dream of living in Europe again! When we were first married, we lived for two years in France and fell in love with the European way of life. Moving to Germany has been a whirlwind, especially with four kids in tow, but we’re already growing stronger and better from the experiences we are having. It has NOT been easy, but that’s how it usually is in life when you go after your dreams!
If you’d like to see our whole journey to getting here and to follow along with our travels, join our email list below (at the bottom of this post) to get one email each week with our latest post and YouTube video!
Like Hearing About Our Adventures?
Check out all of the blog posts I’ve written and videos we’ve recorded for YouTube by clicking here. You can watch them from the beginning to current day!