In this video, we continue our adventure in Austria, exploring the Salzkammergut region in the Dachstein mountain range. Come check out ice caves, glaciers, and more!
Giant Ice Caves, Glaciers, Hikes, and More!
Come along with us as we visit giant ice caves, hike near glaciers, swim and play in Hallstättersee, and have an incredible time in Austria’s Salzkammergut region in the Dachstein mountain range! Austria’s Alps are sometimes underrated – many think of Switzerland when they think of the Alps, and they are magnificent there as well. But it is more affordable to vacation in Austria, and you still get nearly the same experience as in Swiss Alps. We LOVE this region of the world and aren’t done exploring it just yet!
In the first video in this series, we visited Hallstatt, which you can watch here.
Watch all of the videos about our experiences traveling in Germany & other European countries:
- How to Avoid the Touristy Vibe in Hallstatt, Austria
- The Fascinating History of Venetian Masks & the Rialto Bridge
- Is Venice Worth the Hype or Is it TOO Touristy?
- Our First Ski Holiday in the Austrian Alps
- Munich’s Old Town – A Historical Walking Tour
- Seeing Munich through the Eyes of a Child (Part 1)
- Seeing Munich, Germany through the Eyes of a Child (Part 2)
- Travel to Beautiful Lake Chiemsee – The Bavarian Sea
- We Visited Herrenchiemsee Palace – one of Germany’s Versailles!
- A Family Excursion in the Majestic Bavarian Alps
- A Magical Day Trip to Königssee and Obersee Lakes
- We Visited Burghausen Castle – the Longest Castle in the World
- Our Vacation to Galtür, Austria + the Tyrolean Alps
- We Visited Reit im Winkl + a Hike for Our Wedding Anniversary
- Americans Take a Trip to Reichsburg Cochem Castle in Germany
- Americans Visit Burg Eltz in Germany
In February 2021, we packed up our American family of six, with four kids ages 11 and under, and moved halfway across the world to Germany to follow our dream of living in Europe again! When we were first married, we lived for two years in France and fell in love with the European way of life. Moving to Germany has been a whirlwind, especially with four kids in tow, but we’re already growing stronger and better from the experiences we are having. It has NOT been easy, but that’s how it usually is in life when you go after your dreams!
If you’d like to see our whole journey to getting here and to follow along with our travels, join our email list below (at the bottom of this post) to get one email each week with our latest post and YouTube video!
Like Hearing About Our Adventures?
Check out all of the blog posts I’ve written and videos we’ve recorded for YouTube by clicking here. You can watch them from the beginning to current day!