We visited the peak of Germany’s Chiemgau Alps and took a cable car to the very top. The views were amazing, and we ate delicious German food! Come explore the Bavarian Alps with us!
We Visited Hochfelln in the Chiemgau Alps (Bavarian Alps)
Come along with us as we have a family excursion, just 10 minutes from our home, to Hochfelln, a peak in the Chiemgau Alpern (the Chiemgau Alps). It was the first time on a cable car (Seilbahn) for ALL of our kids! They were excited to go, and you’ll see their reaction to cable cars here in the video – did they like it?
We also got to eat at an Alm at the middle station where we got to try schnitzel at a restaurant for the first time and had Rinderrouladen and Cordon Blue for the first time in Germany!
Watch Our Other Videos Exploring Germany:
- The Fascinating History of Venetian Masks & the Rialto Bridge
- Is Venice Worth the Hype or Is it TOO Touristy?
- Our First Ski Holiday in the Austrian Alps
- Seeing Munich through the Eyes of a Child (Part 1)
- Seeing Munich, Germany through the Eyes of a Child (Part 2)
- Munich’s Old Town – A Historical Walking Tour
- We Visited Herrenchiemsee Palace – one of Germany’s Versailles!
- Travel to Beautiful Lake Chiemsee – The Bavarian Sea
- A Magical Day Trip to Königssee and Obersee Lakes
- We Visited Burghausen Castle – the Longest Castle in the World
- We Visited Reit im Winkl + a Hike for Our Wedding Anniversary
- Our Vacation to Galtür, Austria + the Tyrolean Alps
- Americans Visit Burg Eltz in Germany
- Americans Take a Trip to Reichsburg Cochem Castle in Germany
In February of 2021, we packed up our American family of six, with four kids ages 11 and under, and moved halfway across the world to Germany to follow our dream of living in Europe again! When we were first married, we lived for two years in France and fell in love with the European way of life. Moving to Germany has been a whirlwind, especially with four kids in tow, but we’re already growing stronger and better from the experiences we are having. It has NOT been easy, but that’s how it usually is in life when you go after your dreams!
If you’d like to see our whole journey to getting here and to follow along with our travels, join our email list below (at the bottom of this post) to get one email each week with our latest post and YouTube video!
Like Hearing About Our Adventures?
Check out all of the blog posts I’ve written and videos we’ve recorded for YouTube by clicking here. You can watch them from the beginning to current day!