During this part of our trip to Venice, Italy, we took the kids to a shop where they made Venetian masks. Then, we walked across the Rialto Bridge and climbed to the top of two towers, one of which is not well-known to tourists.
Our Kids Made Venetian Masks
When we think of Venice, we almost all think of the Rialto Bridge and Carnival Masks – both are Venetian icons! But why? In this video, we take you along on the second half of our trip to Venice with our four kids and show you how they got to experience Venice in an unforgettable way – by making their very own masks! We also got to visit the Scala Contraini del Bolvolo (the Snail Tower) and the Campanile, the former lighthouse of Venice and got some incredible views of this charming and vibrant city.
Sources from the video:
Watch all of the videos about our experiences traveling in Germany & other European countries:
- Is Venice Worth the Hype or Is it TOO Touristy?
- Our First Ski Holiday in the Austrian Alps
- Munich’s Old Town – A Historical Walking Tour
- Seeing Munich through the Eyes of a Child (Part 1)
- Seeing Munich, Germany through the Eyes of a Child (Part 2)
- Travel to Beautiful Lake Chiemsee – The Bavarian Sea
- We Visited Herrenchiemsee Palace – one of Germany’s Versailles!
- A Family Excursion in the Majestic Bavarian Alps
- A Magical Day Trip to Königssee and Obersee Lakes
- We Visited Burghausen Castle – the Longest Castle in the World
- Our Vacation to Galtür, Austria + the Tyrolean Alps
- We Visited Reit im Winkl + a Hike for Our Wedding Anniversary
- Americans Take a Trip to Reichsburg Cochem Castle in Germany
- Americans Visit Burg Eltz in Germany
In February 2021, we packed up our American family of six, with four kids ages 11 and under, and moved halfway across the world to Germany to follow our dream of living in Europe again! When we were first married, we lived for two years in France and fell in love with the European way of life. Moving to Germany has been a whirlwind, especially with four kids in tow, but we’re already growing stronger and better from the experiences we are having. It has NOT been easy, but that’s how it usually is in life when you go after your dreams!
If you’d like to see our whole journey to getting here and to follow along with our travels, join our email list below (at the bottom of this post) to get one email each week with our latest post and YouTube video!
Like Hearing About Our Adventures?
Check out all of the blog posts I’ve written and videos we’ve recorded for YouTube by clicking here. You can watch them from the beginning to current day!