Being new to Germany, there are MANY new German Christmas sweets and foods we haven’t tried yet! Three of our kids were more than happy to help us taste-test goodies we found at the store.
Edeka Supermarket Haul – Christmas Edition
We took the kids to Edeka to let them each pick out two German Christmas sweets they’d like to take home and try, and then filmed it all for you. We also show you which Advent Calendars (Adventskalender) we picked!
In this video we try:
- Lebkuchen (similar to Gingerbread)
- Many different chocolates from Kinder, Milka, and Lindt
- Butter Stollenkonfekt (similar to fruit cake)
- Vanille Kipferl (Vanilla shortbread cookies)
- Mandel Krokant (Almond crumble)
- Gewürzspekulatius or just Spekulatius (Spiced graham crackers)
- And, we talk about Glühwein (mulled wine) and Kinderpunsch (Kid punch), of course!
You’ll also get to see what a German supermarket looks like during the holiday season. We even show you Christmas decorations that are popular here. Hope this video gets you in the festive spirit!
Watch Our Other German Grocery Haul Videos:
- Our Favorite DM Products & German Food (featuring Ella)
- German Grocery Store Hauls as Americans
- Our German DM Haul and Reaction to Cheap Prices
- HUGE German ALDI Haul + Summer Saturday Family Time
Watch Other Holiday Videos as We Celebrate Christmas in Germany
- We Bring German Christmas Markets to Us
- The German Origins of the Christmas Tree + Decorate with Us
- German Christmas Decorations We’ve Never Had Before
- Will We Celebrate Christmas the German or American Way?
In February of 2021, we packed up our American family of six, with four kids ages 11 and under, and moved halfway across the world to Germany to follow our dream of living in Europe again! When we were first married, we lived for two years in France and fell in love with the European way of life. Moving to Germany has been a whirlwind, especially with four kids in tow, but we’re already growing stronger and better from the experiences we are having. It has NOT been easy, but that’s how it usually is in life when you go after your dreams!
If you’d like to see our whole journey to getting here and to follow along with our travels, join our email list below (at the bottom of this post) to get one email each week with our latest post and YouTube video!
Like Hearing About Our Adventures?
Check out all of the blog posts I’ve written and videos we’ve recorded for YouTube by clicking here. You can watch them from the beginning to current day!