Many people we spoke with and videos we watched before moving to Europe discussed certain German culture shocks Americans living in Germany may experience. However, we never actually experienced any of those. Find out which ones weren’t true for us!
Our Personal Experiences Have Been Different from What We Had Heard
There are many videos on the culture shocks foreigners experience when moving to Germany and other countries. We watched quite a few of them, and some of the things we thought about Germans before moving here from the USA…ended up not being true! We were waiting for these German culture shocks to happen, but they never did. Can you guess what some of them might be?
Watch all of our videos about living in Germany as Americans
- Life in Germany vs. USA – 10 Things We Don’t Have in Germany
- Life in Germany vs. USA – 10 Things We Have in Germany but Didn’t Have in America
- How Life is Different in Germany as Americans
- What Our American Kids Think of Life in Germany
- Buying a Car in Germany as Americans
- Surprising German Culture Shocks as Americans
- 20 Things We Missed about Germany While Being in the USA
- Celebrating One Year Living in Germany
- Moving to Germany from the USA – One Year Later
- Problems with my German Resident Permit, Driver’s License & Health Insurance
- Have Our German Skills Improved Since Last Year?
- 15 Reasons Why We Chose to Move to Germany
- Card Tricks in German
In February of 2021, we packed up our American family of six, with four kids ages 11 and under, and moved halfway across the world to Germany to follow our dream of living in Europe again! When we were first married, we lived for two years in France and fell in love with the European way of life. Moving to Germany has been a whirlwind, especially with four kids in tow, but we’re already growing stronger and better from the experiences we are having. It has NOT been easy, but that’s how it usually is in life when you go after your dreams!
If you’d like to see our whole journey to getting here and to follow along with our travels, join our email list below (at the bottom of this post) to get one email each week with our latest post and YouTube video!
Like Hearing About Our Adventures?
Check out all of the blog posts I’ve written and videos we’ve recorded for YouTube by clicking here. You can watch them from the beginning to current day!