Using essential oils to make all-natural holiday gifts is such a fun way to give something personal and healthy! Here are some things you can make with your oils or if you’re not a DIY kind-of person, some things to buy!
DIY Lavender Pillow Spray
Help to promote a restful nights’ sleep with a lavender pillow spray! Lavender enhances relaxation and the scent is so calming and soothing. Other relaxing oils could be Stress Away, Release, Abundance, cedarwood, vetiver, and orange.
- 2 or 4 ounce glass spray bottle (where to buy)
- 5-10 drops of lavender (5 drops for 2 ounces, 10 drops for 4 ounces, or whatever you like!) (where to buy)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 or 4 ounces of water
How to Make
- Put sea or kosher salt in the bottom of a 2 oz. glass spray bottle (this helps to dissolve the oil in the water). Add 10 drops of lavender to the salt. Fill to the top with water.
- Attach a pretty label.
How to Use: Spray it on your pillow, sheets and/or pajamas before going to bed. Can spray on any linens as well to help promote a restful nights’ sleep or just to make it smell nice!
Bath and Shower Gels from Young Living
If you’re not a DIY person, here are all the bath and shower gels that Young Living makes! These are free of chemicals and synthetic preservatives (like sodium laureth sulfate or SLS), contain plant-based ingredients such as coconut oil, and are powered by essential oils. They can be used on a loofah for a body wash or poured into the bath for a luxurious bubble bath!
- Lavender Gel – cleanses and rejuvenates your skin while it soothes and relaxes your mind.
- Morning Start: refreshing with Peppermint, Lemongrass, and Rosemary
- Dragon Time: calming and soothing, especially during a woman’s cycle. Contains Mandarin and Lavender
- Sensation: encourages relaxation with Ylang Ylang and Jasmine to balance female energy
- Evening Peace: refreshes the skin and calms the mind. Contains Sandalwood, Roman Chamomile, Ylang Ylang, and Geranium
DIY Luxurious and Natural Body Wash Recipe
Making your own body wash is very easy and this recipe is as pure as it gets! It is made with Castile Soap, which is made from olives, so it is free of sulfates like sodium laureth sulfate, a detergent that strips your skin of it’s natural sebum and has even been found to be a carcinogen.
- 1 foaming soap pump (if plastic, choose PETE plastic) (where to buy)
- 1/4 cup liquid castile soap (where to buy)
- 10-15 drops of your favorite essential oils (where to buy)
- 6 ounces of water
How to Make
- Fill bottle 1/4 of the way with castile soap. Add the oils to the soap. Fill to the fill line with water. Done!
Suggested essential oils to use:
Relaxation, soothing: Stress Away, Gentle Baby, lavender, Ylang Ylang, geranium, cedarwood, sandalwood,
Refreshing & uplifting: rosemary and peppermint, eucalyptus
Grounding: Valor, Idaho Balsam Fir
Refresh and Relax with DIY Bath Salts
Baths with pure epsom or sea salts and essential oils are a natural, safe and effective way to add magnesium to your body, to soothe and comfort muscles and joints. Add some lemon oil to boost the effectiveness by supporting your immune system and liver!
- Glass container like a mason jar or hinged glass jar (where to buy)
- 2 cups Epsom or Dead Sea salts (where to buy Epsom salts) (where to buy Dead Sea salts)
- 5-10 drops of essential oils – lavender, lemon, orange, Citrus Fresh, Stress Away, Dragon Time, lavender, frankincense & many others! (where to buy)
How to Make
Fill jar ½ full with salts. Add 10-20 drops. Fill rest with salts & shake. Use 2 cups per bath (for adults, just 1 cup for kids) & soak 20 min. or more to detox. The salts pull the toxins from the body as you soak! Can also use Dead Sea salts.
Young Living’s A.R.T. Beauty Masque and Beauty System
Here is a true gift of luxury! It is a premium, orchid-based formula designed to soothe skin and leave it feeling healthier and more radiant. The blend of exotic orchid petals and pure essential oils nourishes and fortifies the most delicate areas of the face, helping promote a more vibrant and youthful appearance. Suitable for all skin types.
To use: Wash face with ART Gentle Foaming Cleanser, pat dry. Apply masque and leave on for 20 minutes, then gently remove. Use a damp cloth to remove any residue. For best results, use 3-4 times weekly in combination with ART Renewal Serum.
$89.75 wholesale for the masque, Product #5168 (see it here)
DIY Luxurious Facial Cleanser, Moisturizer and Makeup Remover ALL in One!
You can use the SAME recipe for the body wash and use it on your face as it is a very gentle recipe, or for a whole new experience, try the Oil Cleansing Method!
- Glass medicine dropper bottle (not totally necessary, but nice to have) (where to buy)
- Carrier oil of choice: Castor oil (where to buy) combined with one or more of the following: olive, jojoba, grapeseed, sweet almond, fractionated coconut (where to buy) and more
- Hot water
- 5-10 drops of essential oils of choice (see below for good skin combos)
How to Make
- First, go to my oil cleansing method post to see which skin type you have to determine the ratio of oils you need to use.
- Then, pour those oils into your bottle
- Shake, done!
Essential Oils for the Face
- For problem skin – lemon, lavender
- For wrinkles & aging skin – rosemary, frankincense
Young Living’s Lip Balm Collection
Hydrate and seal in moisture with these luxurious lip balms. Give your lips a treat without all the toxic chemicals! They come in a beautiful gift box if you buy them from the holiday catalog.
- Cinnamint Lip Balm – Cinnamon Bark and peppermint
- Grapefruit – Grapefruit and Wolfberry seed oil
- Lavender – Lavender and jojoba oil with Vitamin E
- Vanillamint – Vanilla and peppermint
Holiday Spice Lip Balm Recipe
Making your own lip balm gives a personal touch to your holiday gifts. And it’s surprisingly easy!
- 1 tbsp. organic, raw shea butter (where to buy)
- 3 tbsp. carrier oil (sweet almond, sunflower, grape seed) (where to buy)
- 1 tbsp. organic beeswax pastilles (where to buy)
- 6 drops each of cinnamon and orange, 4 drops clove essential oils (add more if desired) (where to buy)
- Lip balm tins (where to buy) or tubes (where to buy)
How to Make
- Melt all the ingredients except the essential oils in double boiler on the stove (a small pot in a larger pot with water will do).
- It will take 5 minutes or so on low to medium heat.
- Add essential oils at the very end
- Pour directly from the pan into your tubes or tins and it will harden in about 5 minutes. Done!
DIY Coconut Lime Sugar Scrub – A Gentle Way to Wash Dry, Winter Hands
This is a super fun, easy thing to make for friends and family! They will love this super moisturizing, exfoliating scrub that smells fresh and divine with the lime. You could also use lemon, orange, Citrus Fresh, grapefruit and more!
- 1 cup coconut oil – (where to buy)
- 1.5 cups sugar – raw cane sugar makes for a more exfoliating scrub, but white sugar makes a more gentle scrub
- Zest of 1 lime
- 7-10 drops of lime essential oil (where to buy)
- Glass container – hinged glass jar (where to buy) or a mason jar (where to buy)
How to Make
- Warm the coconut oil on the stove just until melted (will only take a minute or two)
- SO easy! Just stir all of the ingredients together (in a glass, stainless steel or porcelain bowl) and you’re done!
- Add more oil if desired for a stronger scent, two drops at a time.
Ningxia Red – A Popular Antioxidant Supplement Juice
Why does this make a neat gift? The bottle is so pretty, is like giving a bottle of wine, but it’s so much healthier and so unique! You are truly giving the gift of health this way.
Properties of NingXia Red:
- Neutralizes 4 of the most dangerous free radicals
- Contains the highest known antioxidant – the Ningxia Wolfberry
- Promotes wellness, energy and vigor
- Protects the body and contributes to better health
- Helps maintain normal blood pressure and blood sugar levels
- Supports a healthy immune system
Tastes delicious – like juice! Just need to take 1-2 ounces a day, twice a day. Check it out in the holiday catalog where you can get it in a chrome bottle with shot glasses!
Gifts for the Essential Oil Lovers in Your Life
For the essential oil lover in your life, get them some fun containers to store their oils, or another diffuser and accessories!
The home diffuser is 10% off this month! (code #9923). Young Living also makes a bunch of other diffusers, like the Orb one which is small and nice for an office.
Click here to get the large case in all different colors.
Click here to see the cute travel case.