My boys are crazy about things that make noise and move – what little boy isn’t? They love construction trucks and push them around the house, digging up blocks and toys, while making all kinds of noise. So, I was very excited to have the opportunity to try one of Green Toy‘s classic favorites – the school bus.
This is the type of toy I can proudly display on a shelf, because it is just charming and colorful. I love that it doesn’t have batteries and requires imagination and creativity to use. It’s is lightweight and virtually indestructible because there are no moving parts except the wheels, making it safe and very useful even for babies, in my opinion. However, that is also my only complaint with the toy, because my children love to have toys they can manipulate – like opening and closing doors – and that isn’t possible with this toy.
The kids immediately liked it, of course, part of that is because it is a brand-new toy! Gabriel took to it right away and started pushing it around the living room. It has a nice opening at the top, which is perfect both for putting objects inside and to use as a pushing handle!
Gabriel tired of it after about five minutes, but Grayson, on the other hand, loved it and played with it for ten to fifteen minutes. He, too, loves to push it around, but also finds more creative uses for it. He giggles when I show him how to put blocks and small toys inside.
- They’re made of 100% recycled plastic (some from milk jugs) can be recycled themselves (the school bus has a 2 on the bottom, which most recycling programs accept).
- They are BPA-free, with no phthalates or PVC in the plastic.
- According to the packaging, on average, every pound of recycled plastic used to make Green Toys saves enough energy to run a laptop for a month and to power a TV for three weeks.
- The design is very visually appealing and looks great on open shelves.
- Very sturdy, tough little toys
- All made in the USA
- I think my favorite part is that they come in minimal eco-friendly packaging, which means, they are easy to open! Yay! All Green Toys products are packaged in recycled corrugated boxes with no plastics, cellophane or twist-ties, and are 100% recyclable.
Their toys are sold all over the world, and to find a store (either physical or online), click here.
Check back on Saturday, September 22, when I’ll be giving away one of these buses!