Since we moved our family of six to German in February of 2021, our daily lives and routines have definitely changed, but in some ways, they are still the same. Here’s how life is different in Germany as Americans!
In February of 2021, we picked up our American family of six, with four kids ages 11 and under, and moved halfway across the world to Germany to follow our dream of living in Europe again! When we were first married, we lived for two years in France and fell in love with the European way of life. Moving to Germany has been a whirlwind, especially with four kids in tow, but we’re already growing stronger and better from the experiences we are having. It has NOT been easy, but that’s how it usually is in life when you go after your dreams!
If you’d like to see our whole journey to getting here and to follow along with our travels, join our email list below (at the bottom of this post) to get one email each week with our latest post and YouTube video!
How Life is Different in Germany as Americans
Here are 10 days our lives have changed since moving to Germany as an American family of 6! From schnitzel to snow, and bicycles to Mischbrot, our lives have definitely changed since moving here. THANK YOU for watching, subscribing and leaving comments! We’ve learned so much from your comments. Watch our video on YouTube below!
- 0:00 – See clips of how our Easter and Easter vacation went with the kids!
- 2:26 – 1 – We’ve survived without a car
- 3:37 – 2 – We go the bakery nearly every day
- 5:52 – 3 – We go to the grocery store twice as often as we used to
- 7:01 – 4 – No more schoolbuses
- 8:03 – 5 – Don’t have a clothes dryer
- 9:32 – 6 – Speaking a new language (duh)
- 12:26 – 7 – We get our 10,00 steps in easily each day
- 14:11 – 8 – We air out our house daily
- 15:27 – 9 – We eat more German food (SCHNIZEL!)
- 18:24 – 10 – We now have snow gear
Like Hearing About Our Adventures?
Check out all of the blog posts I’ve written and videos we’ve recorded for YouTube by clicking here. You can watch them from the beginning to current day!