Our family of six took a trip to Venice, Italy. We took a Gondola ride, ate delicious Italian food, and toured all around the city. Find out if Venice is worth all the hype in our video.
A Tour of Venice, Gondola Ride & Delicious Food
Is Venice worth all of the hype? It’s crowded and full of tourists and touristy things – but are they still worth seeing and doing, especially with kids? On our trip during our Easter break, we set off from Germany to find out! We took a Gondola ride, ate lots of delicious Italian food and drinks, got a tour of St. Mark’s square, and more! We also didn’t get inside a car for seven days, pretty cool, right? See if Venice lives up to the hype in this video!
Traveling with kids can be tough. They don’t appreciate museums and monuments like us adults do. So how can you travel as a family so that both the parents and the kids enjoy it? Well, it’s not easy but after traveling quite a bit this past year, we are starting to find our travel with kids groove.
Watch all of the videos about our experiences traveling in Germany & other European countries:
- The Fascinating History of Venetian Masks & the Rialto Bridge
- Our First Ski Holiday in the Austrian Alps
- Munich’s Old Town – A Historical Walking Tour
- Seeing Munich through the Eyes of a Child (Part 1)
- Seeing Munich, Germany through the Eyes of a Child (Part 2)
- Travel to Beautiful Lake Chiemsee – The Bavarian Sea
- We Visited Herrenchiemsee Palace – one of Germany’s Versailles!
- A Family Excursion in the Majestic Bavarian Alps
- A Magical Day Trip to Königssee and Obersee Lakes
- We Visited Burghausen Castle – the Longest Castle in the World
- Our Vacation to Galtür, Austria + the Tyrolean Alps
- We Visited Reit im Winkl + a Hike for Our Wedding Anniversary
- Americans Take a Trip to Reichsburg Cochem Castle in Germany
- Americans Visit Burg Eltz in Germany
In February 2021, we packed up our American family of six, with four kids ages 11 and under, and moved halfway across the world to Germany to follow our dream of living in Europe again! When we were first married, we lived for two years in France and fell in love with the European way of life. Moving to Germany has been a whirlwind, especially with four kids in tow, but we’re already growing stronger and better from the experiences we are having. It has NOT been easy, but that’s how it usually is in life when you go after your dreams!
If you’d like to see our whole journey to getting here and to follow along with our travels, join our email list below (at the bottom of this post) to get one email each week with our latest post and YouTube video!
Like Hearing About Our Adventures?
Check out all of the blog posts I’ve written and videos we’ve recorded for YouTube by clicking here. You can watch them from the beginning to current day!