We took a day trip to see the MAGICAL Königssee and Obersee lakes in Berchtesgaden National Park.
A Magical Day Trip in the Bavarian Alps + Kaiserschmarrn!
We took our four kids on a day trip to see the MAGICAL Königssee and Obersee lakes in Berchtesgaden National Park and we were blown away! It is a breathtaking place and is definitely a must-see in Germany (Deutschland). We’re so happy we were able to show our children more of the beauty in Germany, and only a 45 minute drive away. We got to eat at a restaurant for the first time since we moved to Germany, and were able to try Kaiserschmarrn for the first time! We hope you enjoy seeing how our family experienced this special park. We plan to go back to hike and stay overnight, too.
Watch all of the videos about our experiences traveling in Germany & other European countries:
- The Fascinating History of Venetian Masks & the Rialto Bridge
- Is Venice Worth the Hype or Is it TOO Touristy?
- Our First Ski Holiday in the Austrian Alps
- Seeing Munich through the Eyes of a Child (Part 1)
- Seeing Munich, Germany through the Eyes of a Child (Part 2)
- Munich’s Old Town – A Historical Walking Tour
- We Visited Herrenchiemsee Palace – one of Germany’s Versailles!
- Travel to Beautiful Lake Chiemsee – The Bavarian Sea
- A Family Excursion in the Majestic Bavarian Alps
- We Visited Burghausen Castle – the Longest Castle in the World
- We Visited Reit im Winkl + a Hike for Our Wedding Anniversary
- Our Vacation to Galtür, Austria + the Tyrolean Alps
- Americans Visit Burg Eltz in Germany
- Americans Take a Trip to Reichsburg Cochem Castle in Germany
In February of 2021, we packed up our American family of six, with four kids ages 11 and under, and moved halfway across the world to Germany to follow our dream of living in Europe again! When we were first married, we lived for two years in France and fell in love with the European way of life. Moving to Germany has been a whirlwind, especially with four kids in tow, but we’re already growing stronger and better from the experiences we are having. It has NOT been easy, but that’s how it usually is in life when you go after your dreams!
If you’d like to see our whole journey to getting here and to follow along with our travels, join our email list below (at the bottom of this post) to get one email each week with our latest post and YouTube video!
Like Hearing About Our Adventures?
Check out all of the blog posts I’ve written and videos we’ve recorded for YouTube by clicking here. You can watch them from the beginning to current day!