Moving abroad to any foreign country is hard, especially if you have little ones with you as we did. And while life in Germany was difficult when we first got here, a year later, we’re now able to look back and laugh, and what was once hard, is now easy!
Things That Were Hard at First but are Easier One Year Later
One year ago, we left the USA for Germany and entered into the greatest adventure of our lives! It has been a journey full of exciting times, mistakes, accomplishments, fun, and also challenges. Today, we’re talking about all the things that were really hard for us last year when we first moved, but are much easier now.
Learn Languages with Lingoda
I’ve been using Lingoda to learn and speak German – they have really good live classes with a native German speaker! Use my link HERE and this code – SARA40 – to get 40% off the marathon course or your first month of classes! I can highly recommend Lingoda – they’ve helped me so much to learn German!
Watch all of our videos about living in Germany as Americans
- Life in Germany vs. USA – 10 Things We Don’t Have in Germany
- Life in Germany vs. USA – 10 Things We Have in Germany, but Didn’t Have in America
- How Life is Different in Germany as Americans
- What Our American Kids Think of Life in Germany
- Buying a Car in Germany as Americans
- Surprising German Culture Shocks as Americans
- 20 Things We Missed about Germany While Being in the USA
- Problems with my German Resident Permit, Driver’s License & Health Insurance
- Have Our German Skills Improved Since Last Year?
- Foreign Language Anxiety & How We Conquered Them
- Celebrating One Year Living in Germany
- How Germans & Scandinavians Have Taught Me to Love Winter
- 15 Reasons Why We Chose to Move to Germany
In February of 2021, we packed up our American family of six, with four kids ages 11 and under, and moved halfway across the world to Germany to follow our dream of living in Europe again! When we were first married, we lived for two years in France and fell in love with the European way of life. Moving to Germany has been a whirlwind, especially with four kids in tow, but we’re already growing stronger and better from the experiences we are having. It has NOT been easy, but that’s how it usually is in life when you go after your dreams!
If you’d like to see our whole journey to getting here and to follow along with our travels, join our email list below (at the bottom of this post) to get one email each week with our latest post and YouTube video!
Like Hearing About Our Adventures?
Check out all of the blog posts I’ve written and videos we’ve recorded for YouTube by clicking here. You can watch them from the beginning to current day!