We took another trip to the Austrian Alps, but we went skiing among many other fun, family activities this time. We stayed at a Kinderhotel for a second time and loved every minute of our winter vacation.
Kinderhotel at Achensee, Tyrollean Alps
As parents, vacations aren’t really that relaxing. We still have to plan and prepare meals and take care of the children. But when you go to a Kinderhotel or Familenhotel here in Europe, there’s no cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping, or meal planning! And, you can also have child care. It’s a vacation for both the kids and the adults!
We got to try out our second Kinderhotel, again in Austria, but this time, in Achensee, which is near Innsbruck. We really enjoyed going horseback riding, rock climbing, skiing, swimming, and doing some archery. We, adults, enjoyed the sauna, steam room, and massages.
Watch all of the videos about our experiences traveling in Germany & other European countries:
- The Fascinating History of Venetian Masks & the Rialto Bridge
- Is Venice Worth the Hype or Is it TOO Touristy?
- Munich’s Old Town – A Historical Walking Tour
- Seeing Munich through the Eyes of a Child (Part 1)
- Seeing Munich, Germany through the Eyes of a Child (Part 2)
- Travel to Beautiful Lake Chiemsee – The Bavarian Sea
- We Visited Herrenchiemsee Palace – one of Germany’s Versailles!
- A Family Excursion in the Majestic Bavarian Alps
- A Magical Day Trip to Königssee and Obersee Lakes
- We Visited Burghausen Castle – the Longest Castle in the World
- Our Vacation to Galtür, Austria + the Tyrolean Alps
- We Visited Reit im Winkl + a Hike for Our Wedding Anniversary
- Americans Take a Trip to Reichsburg Cochem Castle in Germany
- Americans Visit Burg Eltz in Germany
In February of 2021, we packed up our American family of six, with four kids ages 11 and under, and moved halfway across the world to Germany to follow our dream of living in Europe again! When we were first married, we lived for two years in France and fell in love with the European way of life. Moving to Germany has been a whirlwind, especially with four kids in tow, but we’re already growing stronger and better from the experiences we are having. It has NOT been easy, but that’s how it usually is in life when you go after your dreams!
If you’d like to see our whole journey to getting here and to follow along with our travels, join our email list below (at the bottom of this post) to get one email each week with our latest post and YouTube video!
Like Hearing About Our Adventures?
Check out all of the blog posts I’ve written and videos we’ve recorded for YouTube by clicking here. You can watch them from the beginning to current day!