We were very sad when all of the German Christmas markets in our area got canceled this year! But we refused to let that get us down, so we decided to bring the drinks and food of the German Christmas markets to us instead!
Gebrannte Mandeln + Heiße Maronen + Glühwein
In this video, we make Gebrannte Mandeln (Candied Almonds), Heiße Maronen (Roasted Chesnuts), Glühwein (Mulled or Spiced Wine), and Kinderpunsch (Kid Punch) and then enjoy them with you on camera. You’ll also see lots of fun images from our first big snow day of this winter season. COVID ain’t got nothing on us!
Here are the German recipes I used:
- Kid Punch (Kinderpunsch)
- Glühwein (Mulled Wine)
- Candied Almonds (Gebrannte Mandeln) – found in the comments of a video!
- Roasted Chesnuts (Gebrannte Mandeln)
Watch Other Videos Where We Try German Food & Beverages:
- Americans Making Pfannkuchen & German Pancakes
- Americans Try Different German Bread
- Americans Try Different Bavarian German Beers
Watch Other Holiday Videos as We Celebrate Christmas in Germany
- First Time Trying German Christmas Sweets
- The German Origins of the Christmas Tree + Decorate with Us
- German Christmas Decorations We’ve Never Had Before
- Will We Celebrate Christmas the German or American Way?
In February of 2021, we packed up our American family of six, with four kids ages 11 and under, and moved halfway across the world to Germany to follow our dream of living in Europe again! When we were first married, we lived for two years in France and fell in love with the European way of life. Moving to Germany has been a whirlwind, especially with four kids in tow, but we’re already growing stronger and better from the experiences we are having. It has NOT been easy, but that’s how it usually is in life when you go after your dreams!
If you’d like to see our whole journey to getting here and to follow along with our travels, join our email list below (at the bottom of this post) to get one email each week with our latest post and YouTube video!
Like Hearing About Our Adventures?
Check out all of the blog posts I’ve written and videos we’ve recorded for YouTube by clicking here. You can watch them from the beginning to current day!