Come along with us as we visit Burghausen Castle, the longest Castle in the world (1 km). Some sources say it’s also the largest castle in the world.
We Saw Burghausen Castle + Spargel!
Come along with us as we visit Burghausen Castle, the longest Castle in the world (1 km). Some sources say it’s also the largest castle in the world. The castle is located in Burghausen, Germany, right on the border with Austria in the state of Bavaria (Bayern). It is everything you’d hope a castle would be! It feels like you’re stepping back in time to when knights, lords, and ladies lived there and defended the city. Did you know Germany has more than 20,000 castles/fortresses/palaces? WOW! So it will take us many years to see the most famous ones, but we are HERE FOR IT!
The Altstadt of Burghausen is so beautiful – it reminded us of Vienna. Pastel-colored buildings look like they’ve been perfectly maintained since the 18th century. We to try Spargelcremesuppe for the first time as well! The kids had Schnitzel and pork sandwiches. You can schedule a tour of the inside, and we want to go back to do just that.
Watch Our Other Videos Exploring Germany:
- We Visited Herrenchiemsee Palace – one of Germany’s Versailles!
- Travel to Beautiful Lake Chiemsee – The Bavarian Sea
- A Family Excursion in the Majestic Bavarian Alps
- A Magical Day Trip to Königssee and Obersee Lakes
- We Visited Reit im Winkl + a Hike for Our Wedding Anniversary
- Our Vacation to Galtür, Austria + the Tyrolean Alps
- Americans Visit Burg Eltz in Germany
- Americans Take a Trip to Reichsburg Cochem Castle in Germany
- Seeing Munich through the Eyes of a Child (Part 1)
- Seeing Munich, Germany through the Eyes of a Child (Part 2)
- Munich’s Old Town – A Historical Walking Tour
In February of 2021, we packed up our American family of six, with four kids ages 11 and under, and moved halfway across the world to Germany to follow our dream of living in Europe again! When we were first married, we lived for two years in France and fell in love with the European way of life. Moving to Germany has been a whirlwind, especially with four kids in tow, but we’re already growing stronger and better from the experiences we are having. It has NOT been easy, but that’s how it usually is in life when you go after your dreams!
If you’d like to see our whole journey to getting here and to follow along with our travels, join our email list below (at the bottom of this post) to get one email each week with our latest post and YouTube video!
Like Hearing About Our Adventures?
Check out all of the blog posts I’ve written and videos we’ve recorded for YouTube by clicking here. You can watch them from the beginning to current day!