Today we’re sharing our German grocery store hauls for one week! You’ll see what we buy, which German foods we’ve been trying, and how much it all costs.
In February of 2021, we picked up our American family of six, with four kids ages 11 and under, and moved halfway across the world to Germany to follow our dream of living in Europe again! When we were first married, we lived for two years in France and fell in love with the European way of life. Moving to Germany has been a whirlwind, especially with four kids in tow, but we’re already growing stronger and better from the experiences we are having. It has NOT been easy, but that’s how it usually is in life when you go after your dreams!
If you’d like to see our whole journey to getting here and to follow along with our travels, join our email list below (at the bottom of this post) to get one email each week with our latest post and YouTube video!
Our German Grocery Store Hauls for a Week
We’ve been asked many times to show what we’ve been eating here in Germany since we moved here in February of 2021, from America, so here ya go! We go shopping 3-4 times a week, which is a big change for us coming from America. We used to shop once a week! But we are loving trying new German foods – you’ll see us eat and make Käsespätzle, Maultaschen, Döner, Schupfnudeln (Kartoffelnudeln), Weißbier, and lots of yummy Brötchen (rolls) und brot (bread) from the bakery. Even the snacks are different here – like the paprika flavored chips!
- 0:00 – What We Buy at Our German Grocery Store in a Week as Americans – get a sneak peek of our daily lives
- 1:00 – Lil Intro – How we grocery shop as a family of six in Germany – how often, what we eat, etc.
- 5:25 – Monday’s grocery store haul (Sara)
- 9:14 – Wednesday’s Grocery Store Haul (Kevin)
- 12:11 – Friday’s Grocery Store Haul (Kevin)
- 13:50 – Döner und Pizza for Friday night!
- 14:25 – Saturday’s Grocery Store Haul + Family Movie Night Snacks
- 16:14 – Special Bakery Haul for Grayson’s 10th Birthday! (This video contains affiliate links. If you click on one of them, I’ll receive a commission.)
- 18:56 – Käsespätzle recipe demo!
Like Hearing About Our Adventures?
Check out all of the blog posts I’ve written and videos we’ve recorded for YouTube by clicking here. You can watch them from the beginning to current day!