Healthy German Pancakes Recipe
A cozy and hearty breakfast classic!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup Einkorn, Kamut, Spelt or your choice of All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp. sugar or honey
- 5 tbsp. butter
- Powdered sugar, honey or maple syrup to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Put the butter into the pan and place in the oven until the butter melts.
- While the butter is melting, combine all of the other ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Remove the pan from the oven and pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake for 22-27 minutes or until the edges are brown and fluffy. It will fall as it cools.
- Serve with powdered sugar, honey or maple syrup on top.
You can use a glass baking dish, a cast iron pan, or a metal pan for this. I like using both the glass and the cast iron.
Keywords: German pancakes, Dutch Baby pancakes, Einkorn flour