Easy Roasted Applesauce
This super simple recipe for roasted applesauce tastes delicious and is a snap to whip together. Get your kids involved with the simple prep. Yummy!
- Approx. 4 cups apples, cored and chopped into 1/2″ cubes
- 1.5 tbsp grass fed butter (use ghee or coconut oil if avoiding dairy)
- 2 tsp cinnamon (optional) or 2 drops of Young Living Cinnamon Essential Oil (where to buy)
- 1–2 tbsp raw honey
- Place chopped apples into an oven safe baking dish. I used a 9×9 Pyrex for this amount of apples.
- Disburse the butter over the apples.
- Sprinkle on as much cinnamon as you like. I really like cinnamon.
- Drizzle on the honey.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Mash up the apples with a fork.
- Continue baking for another 30 minutes or longer if apples are not soft enough.
- Remove from oven and mash again with a fork or for a smoother consistency, blend.
Store in the fridge for up to a week.
Best served warm, allowing the buttery goodness to work it’s magic.