- 2 ½ cups organic oats, processed
- ½ cup organic butter, softened
- ½ cup organic coconut oil
- 1 cup organic brown sugar
- 1 cup organic granulated sugar
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1 cup organic whole wheat flour
- 1 cup organic unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup organic shredded coconut
- 1 cup almonds, chopped or whole
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips (or dark)
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
Now, I didn’t have any shredded coconut or dark chocolate chips in the pantry and really couldn’t be bothered to run to the store to get some, and the cookies were STILL delicious. So, they are probably even more amazing with those two ingredients!
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a bowl, cream the butter and coconut oil. I used a hand mixer for this. Add all the sugars and beat until thick and fluffy, then add the eggs and vanilla and continue to beat.
Chop the almonds in a blender or food processor until they are in smaller chunks and place in a bowl.
Blend the oats in a blender or food processor until it is in smaller pieces, but not fine like flour, and place in the same bowl with the almonds.
Add all the remaining dry ingredients (flours, baking soda, baking powder) and combine with the coconut oil mixture and beat. Stir in the coconut flakes and chocolate chips.
Roll dough into small balls and bake for 6 minutes. Remove from oven, flatten with a spatula, and bake for another 5 minutes.
Let cool for 2 minutes, then remove from pan and continue to cool on a wire rack.