Here is a quick recipe for a natural fresh breath spray that’s all natural and leaves your mouth feeling minty fresh and clean! You only need two ingredients.
This little spray is perfect to have on the go, to throw in your purse, laptop bag, book bag, to take traveling, and more! I really like having a natural version of breath spray because many of them contain questionable ingredients like drying alcohols, dyes, and some even contain butane which is pretty toxic and quite irritating. Plus, they’d always leave a strange aftertaste in my mouth and then stop working.
Ingredients in Thieves Mouthwash
I buy all of my essential oils, home cleaning products, bath and shower products and more from Young Living Essential Oils. Their products are super high quality and it’s easy to get everything in ONE place and know that the products aren’t going to be toxic! The ingredients in this mouthwash are so clean! This product doubles as a mouthwash and fresh breath spray. Check them out:
- Colloidal silver
- Mentha piperita (Peppermint) oil
- Soy lecithin
- Quillaja saponaria bark extract
- Potassium sorbate
- Citric acid
- Eugenia caryophyllus (Clove) bud oil
- Stevia rebaudiana (Stevia) leaf extract
- Mentha spicata (Spearmint) leaf extract
- Citrus limon (Lemon) peel oil
- Cinnamomum zeylanicum (Cinnamon) bark oil
- Vetiveria zizanoides (Vetiver) oil
- Eucalyptus radiata leaf oil
- Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary) leaf oil
- 1 10 ml. spray bottle
- 1 tbsp. natural mouthwash (my fav, Thieves Mouthwash from Young Living)
- 3-5 drops of Peppermint Essential Oil
Put the peppermint oil in first, then add the mouthwash and screw on the top. Done! Use whenever you’d like fresh breath but can’t brush your teeth (obviously, you know this! LOL).
The Brand I Recommend
I have used many different brands of essential oils and keep coming back to Young Living Essential Oils. They are the oldest and longest-running essential oils company in the world with the most research and knowledge out there, plus I have found their oils to be of superior quality. They actually work, which is not something I can say of other brands I’ve used. To learn more about these oils, check out my oils page here!