Curly hair by nature is super dry, so it’s important to wash it only 1-2 times a week. But it can get all kinds of crazy in between washing, so what’s a curly girl to do? Here are my top tips and tricks!
Spruce Up Your Curls in Just 4 Steps!
- STEP 1 – Wet your hair down with a water bottle. I love using my homemade no-frizz spray (recipe here) because it contains aloe vera gel and essential oils, so it moisturizes and nourishes my curls. Use your fingers to finger comb to get the water through your hair. This is not the time to use a brush, though! Curls do not need to be brushed.
- STEP 2 – Divide your hair into 4 sections – 2 in the front and 2 in the back.
- STEP 3 – Grab your favorite gel, mousse or leave-in conditioner (I like InnerSense I Create Hold gel). Squirt the gel into the palms of your hands and run the gel through one section. For extra definition and no frizz, take small sections of hair and twist it like I demonstrate in the video.
- STEP 4 – Let air dry or diffuse and you should be ready to go!
Other Helpful Blog Posts
- My Healthy Curly Hair Routine
- Homemade No Frizz Spray Recipe
- How to Have Glowing Skin and Hair with Essential Oils
- No Poo Alternatives to Baking Soda (Natural Shampoos)
- Health Benefits of Bentonite Clay