Here is a list of my favorite essential oils for laundry recipes that I use daily. Essential oils are a safe and nontoxic way to scent your natural cleaning products in a safe and healthy way!
So why use essential oils in laundry products? Because the other option are artificial fragrances, and they are not healthy or safe! Unfortunately, they are in practically every laundry and cleaning product sold in stores.
Fake fragrances disperse particles of formaldehyde and phthalates (thy-lates) into the air. Phthalates are small particles of plastic that are used to bind the artificial fragrance molecules together. We then breathe in those tiny particles of plastic and they get into our nose and lungs – yuck!
This is why you might find that you’ve got a headache, brain fog, and fatigue by being around artificially scented products (candles, plug-ins, air fresheners, cleaning and laundry products, and even cosmetics all contain them).
Dryer sheets can also contain toxins like Formaldehyde, which has been linked to cancer. And Dipalmitoylethyl Hydroxyethylmonium Methosulfate, which is a reproductive organ toxin and can trigger asthma attacks in those with asthma.
Essential Oils for Natural Laundry Recipes
I buy all of my oils from Young Living, as I have found their’s to be of the highest and best quality. Learn more about them here.
- Citrus Fresh*
- Northern Lights Black Spruce
- Tea Tree
- Ylang Ylang
*indicates that the oil comes in Young Living’s Premium Starter Kit, which, in my opinion, is the easiest and most affordable way to get started with essential oils.
Essential Oil Blends for Natural Laundry Recipes
Here are some fun ways you can mix those essential oils to create blends for your natural dryer sheets that will smell amazing!
- Flower Garden – 10 drops Lavender, 8 drops Ylang Ylang, 7 drops Bergamot
- Spring Day – 10 drops Citrus Fresh, 10 drops Peppermint, 5 drops Ylang Ylang
- Mountain Man – 10 drops Cypress, 10 drops Pine, 5 drops Tea Tree
- Fresh and Clean – 10 drops Purification, 5 drops Lavender, 5 drops Citrus Fresh
- Sunshine – 10 drops Lemon, 10 drops Purificaiton, 5 drops Peppermint
See My Other DIY Natural Laundry Recipes Here!
- Liquid Laundry Detergent
- Powdered Laundry Detergent
- Laundry Booster and Softener
- Stain Remover Spray
- DIY Wool Dryer Balls
- Natural Laundry Fragrance and Softener