Calm the crazies with this super easy essential oil DIY spray recipe! It smells so good you could use it as perfume, to freshen up linens, and many other things.
This is so easy to make and use, and is actually effective when you use high quality essential oils like the ones I use from Young Living!
How Does it Work?
The aroma of essential oils affects the limbic system of the brain, which is the part that controls memories and emotions. We can literally calm anxious, worrying thoughts, and help to change negative thoughts into positive ones.
Peace and Calming is a super special blend. It is a gentle, sweet blend of Ylang Ylang, Orange, Tangerine, Patchouli, and Blue Tansy. This fragrant oil is a wonderful addition to your meditation, evening routine, or playtime with the kids. It creates a relaxing environment that’s especially great for homes with children. You’ll love that you can use this oil for you children’s bedtime and then for yourself for a moment of quiet after the house has settled down.
Frankincense is an amazing oil – we like to say if it was good enough for Jesus, then…well, you know! It’s good enough for us. It is a rich, woodsy oil that is very high in a chemical compound called sesquiterpenes that are able to cross the blood-brain barrier and help the brain.
How to Make It
- 4 oz glass spray bottle
- 6 drops Peace and Calming Essential Oil Blend from Young Living (get it here) or Stress Away Essential Oil Blend (get it here)
- 6 drops Frankincense essential oil (get it here)
- Pinch of salt (finer salt works best) or witch hazel to emulsify the essential oils
- Optional cute label from The Oil Drop Shop
- Put the pinch of salt in the bottom of the spray bottle
- Add the essential oils
- Add the water
- So easy a baby can do it!
Other Calming Essential Oils to Try
Peace and Calming smells so sweet and children usually respond REALLY well to that oil, so it’s one of my favs, but some others that would work well include:
- Northern Lights Black Spruce
- Ylang Ylang
- Gathering (blend of lavender, Northern Lights Black spruce, geranium, frankincense, Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood, Ylang yang, vetiver, cinnamon, and rose.)
- Grounding (blend of White fir, Black spruce, Ylang yang, Pine, Cedarwood, Angelica, and Juniper)
- Inner Child (blend of orange, tangerine, Ylang yang, Royal Hawaiian sandalwood, Jasmine, Lemongrass, Spruce, Bitter orange, and Neroli)
- Stress Away (blend of Copaiba, lime, cedar wood, vanilla, ocotea, and lavender)
- Release (blend of Ylang ylang, Olive fruit oil, Lavandin, Geranium, Royal Hawaiian™ sandalwood, Grapefruit, Tangerine, Spearmint, Lemon, Blue cypress, Davana, Kaffir lime leaf extract, Ocoteail, Jasmine, Matricaria, Blue tansy, and Rose)
How to Use It
Just spray into the air when you need to freaking calm down (LOL) and then take a few yoga breaths! It’s also super effective for children! It also works great to spray on pillows and blankets, but the Peace and Calming does have a bluish tint, so be careful when it comes to using it on light fabrics as it could stain.
Another idea would be to just diffuse these oils, which is super dee duper easy!
View this post on Instagram
Calm the crazies with this simple spray recipe! 🧘♀️ You can spray it on pillows, linens, spray into the air and breathe, spray in the car on road trips – you get the idea! In a 4 oz bottle, drop in a pinch of salt. Then add 7 drops Peace and Calming and 7 drops Frankincense to the salt. Then fill with water! Grab the cute label from the @oildropshop! #chillaxin #calmvibes #peaceandcalming