It’s super easy to make sprays using essential oils, and I love to get them out at Christmas time as gifts for teachers, friends and family!
This is so easy to make and use, and is actually effective when you use high quality essential oils like the ones I use from Young Living!
How Does it Work?
The aroma of essential oils affects the limbic system of the brain, which is the part that controls memories and emotions. They can uplift the mood and get us in a good mindset, and even help to calm and relax us!
Christmas Spirit is a huge favorite for us in the Young Living tribe! It contains spruce, cinnamon and orange and really does smell like Christmas! I buy 4-5 bottles every Christmas and diffuse them all year round because the aroma literally just makes me soooo happy!
How to Make It
- 2 oz glass spray bottle
- 12-15 drops of Christmas Spirit blend (get it here)
- Pinch of table salt (finer salt works best)
- Optional cute label from The Oil Drop Shop
- Put the pinch of salt in the bottom of the spray bottle
- Add the essential oils
- Add the water
- So easy a baby can do it!
Other Holiday Essential Oils to Try
- Oils that smell like a Christmas Tree – Pine and Northern Lights Black Spruce
- Wintergreen, peppermint and pine smell like a winter wonderland!
- Peppermint and Stress Away together smell like a candy cane
- Cinnamon, clove & orange together smell like wassail
- The Gift
- Exodus II
How to Use It
Just spray into the air to get into the Christmas spirit! You can also spray on linens, in the car on your way to grandma’s house for Christmas dinner, on clothes as a Christmasy perfume – so many options!
Another idea would be to just diffuse this oil, which is super dee duper easy!
See my post on Essential Oils here