Here is another mouthwatering recipe made with the all-amazing coconut oil! Did you know coconut oil can be a vegan alternative to butter? It also makes a great paste for adding breading to meat and fish because it adds a wonderful coconut flavor and fills the kitchen with a heavenly scent! Mine is still lingering with it after cooking this tonight. Even the kids enjoyed it!
If you’re a vegan or vegetarian who eats fish, this is a tasty dinner choice for you!
(for a printable version, click on the “Print Friendly” button at the bottom of this post)
The Recipe – Coconut Cornmeal Tilapia with Rice and Veggies
Yield – 4 to 6 people
- 4 Tilapia fillets (mine were frozen, wild caught from Costco. Even though they were frozen, they were still moist and just melted in my mouth. Perfect!)
- 2 cups cornmeal (Buy organic from Amazon and in bulk!)
- 1/2 teaspoon of each of the following:
- Chili Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Seasoned Salt
- Any other savory spice of choice will probably work!
- Olive oil
- Veggies of choice (I used broccoli, carrots and cauliflower)
- Brown or white rice (1 to 2 cups of dry rice will feed 4 to 6 people)
- 3 to 4 spoonfuls of coconut oil (I got mine here, at Tropical Traditions – organic & hand-pressed!)
My Favorite Coconut Oil – Tropical Traditions
This post is being shared at:
Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways at Frugally Sustainable
Tiny Tip Tuesday at Nature’s Nurture
Fantabulous Fridays at Little Becky Homecky