Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so make it count with a hearty, nutritious breakfast that's full of protein, like this breakfast casserole dish, made with real food and eggs! Here's the best part – make a large batch at the beginning of the week, and just reheat each day for a quick breakfast that's still real and nutritious.
Mmmm…breakfast. My favorite meal of the day. But how often do we really have time to prepare a hearty breakfast? Not often enough! Most of us are busy in the mornings and whipping up a breakfast buffet from scratch is the last thing for which we have time. I save that for lazy weekends and special holidays.
Today I'm sharing one of my favorite breakfast casseroles that you can prepare ahead and just heat and eat in the mornings. I love making a breakfast casserole for my family on a weekly basis, switching up the added veggies to keep it interesting. I am a stay at home mom and love having something simple to reheat (less dishes). I also pack my husband breakfast each day and he ends up the envy of the office once this hits the microwave. Having a healthy and hearty breakfast readily available helps you make healthy choices in the morning and throughout the rest of the day!
Don't worry, it's super simple. It's also grain, gluten, soy free and paleo friendly!
Make Ahead Breakfast Casserole RecipePrint
Make Ahead Breakfast Casserole
This hearty, real and delicious breakfast casserole will take only 10 minutes to make. To make your mornings even easier, make a large batch at the beginning of the week and have your family eat off of it all week long!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 50 mins
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- 1 pound (bag) of frozen hashbrowns
- 6 eggs whisked
- 1 pound ground breakfast sausage
- 1 zucchini grated (squeeze out the excess water in a cheesecloth or kitchen towel)
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1/2 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup grated cheese (omit if dairy free)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 drops lemon essential oil (for a burst of flavor!) (where to buy)
- Optional garnish: 1 cup potato chips crushed (fun activity for the kids!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9×13 baking dish (I like to use coconut oil)
- In a large bowl mix all of the ingredients above, except the crushed potato chips
- Spread the mixture evenly into the baking dish
- Top with the crushed potato chips
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes until bubbling
This recipe is great for freezing. You can freeze the mixture flat in a ziploc then thaw, place in baking dish and heat. You may also cook the casserole, cool then freeze. Make two at once for double the time saving!