If you’re looking for an all-natural, safe and effective way to tame the frizz, you’ve come to the right place! Here is a very simple recipe no-frizz spray that not only smooths and moisturizers the hair, but also smells divine with the addition of essential oils! I’ve written A LOT about my hair here on the blog, and for those of you with curly hair, you’ll understand my fervor for taming the lion mane. It’s a love-hate relationship until you find that perfect hair care routine that makes your curls bouncy, frizz-free and beautiful! It has taken me half a lifetime to figure some things out, and I’ve chronicled them all here for you. All of them are frugal, easy and 100% safe and natural!
- DIY Baking Soda Shampoo and Apple Cider Vinegar Conditioner
- My Natural Curly Hair Regimen – How to Love Your Gorgeous Curls
- No-Poo Alternatives to Baking Soda – Some Recipes
- Oils and Other Natural Hair Conditioner Alternatives to Apple Cider Vinegar
- DIY Natural Hair Gel with Gelatin
- My Nighttime Curly Hair Routine
Are You a No-Pooer?
So, now that I’ve been washing my hair with no-poo (I use castile soap and water, recipe here) for the past several years, I only have to wash it every 3-4 days or so because my scalp isn’t over producing oil. It’s awesome! You gotta try switching to natural, no-poo shampoo sometime if you haven’t already.
It doesn’t strip your hair and scalp of the oils it needs to stay healthy and protected, unlike shampoos that contain detergents like sodium laureth sulfate (SLS).
Since I’m only washing it a couple of times a week, I need a spray to freshen up my hair and get rid of bed head frizz, but of course, I wanted something natural and cheaper than natural products in the store (can we say, break the bank? $$). Here’s what I came up with! I smell the oils in my hair all day long, sometimes for two days! That alone makes me happy, but taking the frizz away does, too.
Homemade All Natural No Frizz Spray
- 1 four-ounce glass spray bottle (or a plastic bottle with PETE written on the bottom of it) (where to buy)
- 2 ounces of liquid aloe vera gel (where to buy)
- 2 ounces of water (where to buy, just kidding)
- 4-8 drops of your favorite essential oils for hair (where to buy the best essential oils) (mine are lavender, Gentle Baby oil blend, rosemary, and peppermint)
Combine all in your 4-oz. bottle and spray as much on as you’d like! If you need even more frizz control, just increase the aloe vera to water ratio, or use only aloe vera. You could also add a teaspoon of a carrier oil like olive, grapeseed, jojoba, etc. (where to buy) but it won’t spray out very well. You’d need to probably put it in a squirt bottle or pump. That’s it! My favorite essential oils are from Young Living. They smell DIVINE and are the purest and most potent I’ve ever used (and I’ve used a TON of different brands).