A super easy way to make the perfect hard-boiled eggs, that peel like a dream, in your InstaPot or pressure cooker!
My kids consume eggs around here like we’ve got 500 chickens in the backyard. With four of them, we go through 5-6 dozen a week! So I’m always having to find creative ways to cook these round things, and since I love my Instant Pot like crazy, I knew I had to use it for my eggs.
Have you gotten an Instant Pot yet?
It has made my life so much easier! You can put in frozen chicken and it cooks within 30 minutes, perfectly tender and even shreds! I cook a tender, juicy 3 lb. roast in just one hour. We use it almost every single day to cook:
- spagetti sauce
- and more!
How to Cook Eggs that Peel Perfectly
The Instant Pot really does cook the eggs in a way that makes them peel perfectly, so my kids were super excited to get to peel their own eggs!
- Use the rack that comes with your Instant Pot and place in the bottom of the pot, or grab this amazing egg steamer for the Instant Pot from Amazon
- Put about 1 cup water in the bottom of the pot
- Place as many eggs as you can fit on the rack (I was able to fit 9 in an 8 qt. pot)
- Close the lid and turn on the pressure cooker – Manual Setting for 5 mins at high pressure
- It will take 5 mins to build pressure, and 5 minutes to cook.
- When it’s finished, twist the pressure valve (I do it with a hand mitt on as it can get HOT!) to release the pressure
- Remove the pot immediately when finished and place under cold running water to stop the cooking process and cool the eggs off
See all of my real food recipes here!