I’m a big fan of embracing your curly hair and thanks to some very good hairstylists, I started wearing my hair curly in high school. I’ve learned many tips and tricks along the way, one of which is the Curly Girl Method! Read more about that method here.
This the Curly Hair Hub on my website – here’ll you find my:
- Curly Hair playlist on YouTube
- Curly Hair Instagram account
- And all of my Curly Hair blog posts! (see below)
- And all of my favorite products! (see below)
I’m super excited to start this new account to share with you how I take care of my curls! ➰ Embracing this part of myself has been a life long process and curly hair care is definitely an art. I’ve learned quite a few things along the way and have documented many of them on my blog, mymerrymessylife.com. Now I’m excited to create a curly community here on Instagram where I can share more of my curly journey with you including my favorite products, techniques, frustrations, successes and more! I have low porosity, 3b-3c hair. #curlygirlmethod #3bcurls #3bhair
Curly Hair Blog Posts and Videos
- DIY Clarifying Shampoo- Natural and Healthy
- DIY Natural Hair Gel with Gelatin
- How to Refresh Curly Hair in Between Washings
- My Nighttime Curly Hair Routine
- Homemade No Frizz Spray – All Natural
- My Healthy Curly Hair Routine – for gorgeous curls!
- DIY Baking Soda Shampoo and Apple Cider Vinegar Conditioner
- No-Poo Alternatives to Baking Soda – Some Recipes
I’ve always been known for my hair – my friends and family could pick me out of a crowd just by finding my hair! I wanted to hide it for the longest time, make it smaller, less big. But embracing my super thick, course, curly curls makes me feel much more free and confident! So let’s do this together – I’ll help you, you help me, we all help each other. #curlygirlmethod #redheads #meridabrave
My Favorite Products for Curly Hair
My curl type is low porosity (takes forever to dry and doesn’t absorb moisture well!), super thick, course and curly – 3a-3b curl pattern. To discover your curl pattern, click here. To determine your hair porosity, click here. If your hair is similar to mine, then chances are the products that are working for me will work well for you. But if you have looser curls and don’t deal with frizz much, you might want less hydrating and heavy products than me! It’s all an experiment to find what works best for each of us! Click on the product links below to purchase my favorite things from Amazon.
- Shampoo – InnerSense Hydrating Hair Bath, JessiCurl Gentle Lather Shampoo, DevaCurl One Condition Decadence Shampoo & Conditioner Combo Pack
- Conditioner – InnerSense Hydrating Cream Conditioner, JessiCurl TooShea Extra Moisturizing Conditioner
- Deep Conditioner (use about 1-2 times a month) – Maui Moisture Heal and Hydrate Shea Butter Hair Mask, Rizzo’s Curls Deep Conditioner, DevaCurl Melt Into Moisture. Use a thermal heat cap
- Leave In Conditioner – InnerSense Sweet Spirit Leave-In Conditioner, Shea Moisture Coconut Leave-In
- Gels and Creams – Here are all of my favs. I use 1-2 after each wash and refresh. MopTop Curly Hair Custard, Pantene Pro-V Curl Defining Moose, Giovanni LA Naturals Styling Gel, Aussie Instant Freeze Sculpting Gel, JessiCurl Rocking Ringlets and Spiralicious Gel
- Protein Treatment – Aphogee Two-Step Protein Treatment, DevaCurl Deep Sea Repair Mask
- No Frizz Hair Towel – Hair Repear towel
- Safer Hair Color – I love and use Madison Reed to cover my early grays! I only cover the roots so that I don’t damage all of my hair.
- Diffuser – I loooove DevaCurl’s diffuser! Best one on the market in my opinion.
- Hair Drying – Portable Hair Dryer Hood – for drying your hair like in the salon! It dries without blowing the hair, so it reduces frizz and damage. I use this when I do my protein treatment.
- Satin Sleeping Bonnet – this is a must-have! A lot of frizz is created when when sleep, so a bonnet and a satin or silk pillow helps to stop it.
- Satin Pillow Case – super important if you don’t have a satin or silk bonnet to prevent frizz and breakage while you’re sleeping.