I’m a big fan of embracing your curly hair and thanks to some very good hairstylists, I started wearing my hair curly in high school. I’ve learned many tips and tricks along the way, one of which is the Curly Girl Method! Read more about that method here.
This the Curly Hair Hub on my website – here’ll you find my:
- Curly Hair playlist on YouTube
- Curly Hair Instagram account
- And all of my Curly Hair blog posts! (see below)
- And all of my favorite products! (see below)
View this post on Instagram
Stuck in a hair rut? Those are no fun! Here’s what I’ve been doing to turn things around: 💙 Clarify with a CG friendly shampoo like @bouncecurl, or @sheamoisture African Black Soap clarifying shampoo, or do an apple cider vinegar rinse after shampooing 💙 Deep condition with heat – I use the @thermalhaircare heat caps 💙 Do a protein or an @olaplex treatment 💙 Rinse out, condition & style as usual This protocol usually fixes whatever was wrong for me! And when it doesn’t, I’ll change up my styling products. #bouncecurlologist #deepconditioning #hairtutorials
Curly Hair Blog Posts and Videos
- New! Best Styling Products for Low and High Porosity Hair
- New! My Top Tips for Protecting Your Hair While Swimming
- Top 4 Tips for Big Curly Hair Volume
- START HERE – How I Follow the Curly Girl Method
- How to Know Your Hair Porosity
- How to Heal Damaged Hair with a Bond Repair Treatment
- Why I Love Getting DevaCuts for My Curly Hair
- Why I Did the Big Chop for My Curly Hair
- DIY Gelatin Protein Treatment Mask
- 5 Easy Steps to Amazing Curls
- DIY Mermaid Hair Serum using Essential Oils
- Deep Conditioning Tutorial for Gorgeous Curls
- DIY Clarifying Shampoo- Natural and Healthy
- DIY Natural Hair Gel with Gelatin
- How to Refresh Curly Hair in Between Washings
- My Nighttime Curly Hair Routine
- Homemade No Frizz Spray – All Natural
- My Healthy Curly Hair Routine – for gorgeous curls!
- DIY Baking Soda Shampoo and Apple Cider Vinegar Conditioner
- No-Poo Alternatives to Baking Soda – Some Recipes
My Favorite Products for Curly Hair
My curl type is low porosity (takes forever to dry and doesn’t absorb moisture well!), super thick, course and curly – 3a-3b curl pattern. To discover your curl pattern, click here. To determine your hair porosity, click here. If your hair is similar to mine, then chances are the products that are working for me will work well for you. But if you have looser curls and don’t deal with frizz much, you might want less hydrating and heavy products than me! It’s all an experiment to find what works best for each of us! Click on the product links below to purchase my favorite things from Amazon.
- Shampoo – InnerSense Hydrating Hair Bath, JessiCurl Gentle Lather Shampoo, DevaCurl One Condition Decadence Shampoo & Conditioner Combo Pack
- Conditioner – InnerSense Hydrating Cream Conditioner, JessiCurl TooShea Extra Moisturizing Conditioner
- Deep Conditioner (use about 1-2 times a month) – Maui Moisture Heal and Hydrate Shea Butter Hair Mask, Rizzo’s Curls Deep Conditioner, DevaCurl Melt Into Moisture. Use a thermal heat cap
- Leave In Conditioner – InnerSense Sweet Spirit Leave-In Conditioner, Shea Moisture Coconut Leave-In
- Gels and Creams – Here are all of my favs. I use 1-2 after each wash and refresh. MopTop Curly Hair Custard, Pantene Pro-V Curl Defining Moose, Giovanni LA Naturals Styling Gel, Aussie Instant Freeze Sculpting Gel, JessiCurl Rocking Ringlets and Spiralicious Gel
- Protein Treatment – Aphogee Two-Step Protein Treatment, DevaCurl Deep Sea Repair Mask
- No Frizz Hair Towel – Hair Repear towel
- Safer Hair Color – I love and use Madison Reed to cover my early grays! I only cover the roots so that I don’t damage all of my hair. Use my link here to get $15 off your first order!
- Diffuser – I loooove DevaCurl’s diffuser! Best one on the market in my opinion.
- Hair Drying – Portable Hair Dryer Hood – for drying your hair like in the salon! It dries without blowing the hair, so it reduces frizz and damage. I use this when I do my protein treatment.
- Satin Sleeping Bonnet – this is a must-have! A lot of frizz is created when when sleep, so a bonnet and a satin or silk pillow helps to stop it.
- Satin Pillow Case – super important if you don’t have a satin or silk bonnet to prevent frizz and breakage while you’re sleeping.