Day 18 – Swish and Swipe a Toilet
How’d your new afternoon routine go yesterday? What did you end up making for dinner?
Here are our daily habits! You’re doing great!
- Make your bed
- Get dressed
- Check your daily routines in your home management binder
- Check your email for the next baby step – done!
- Become aware of a few of your negative thoughts and replace them with positive ones
- Hot Spot – set your timer for two minutes to tackle one hot spot
- Room Rescue – set your timer for five minutes to do a room rescue
- Clean – set your timer for 15 minutes and clean (or declutter) one area
- Start a load of laundry
- Start preparing for dinner
- Shine the kitchen sink
- Finish the load of laundry
- Plan your outfit for the next day at bedtime
- Set your timer for two minutes to tackle one hot spot
- Look at your home management binder checklists for tomorrow
- Go to bed at a good time!
Today you’ll be adding in a super quick new daily habit – a toilet swish and swipe! As you finish your business using one of the main bathrooms of your house, squirt in some toilet bowl cleaner (I have a natural recipe on the blog here) and use a toilet brush to swish it out. Then take a cleaning cloth or my Natural All Purpose Cleaner Recipe, and wipe down the seat and back of the toilet. You might also wipe down the sink. This way, if a guest pops over, your bathroom is clean for them and you won’t be embarrassed!
I also have a recipe for making your own natural cleaning wipes, if that’s easier for you.
The key here is to have the supplies you need in each bathroom to make this super easy to do. Have a little cleaning caddy under the sink with your cleaners and supplies.
Listen to today’s task on my podcast, The Merry Messy Moms Show!
Click below for the next day of the Flylady 21 Baby Steps – where it says Pages 1 2 3 4, etc.
Leave a Reply