Day 14 – Start Using a Calendar
Which area of the house did you clean for 15 minutes yesterday? That is the start of the zone cleaning, which we will learn all about after we’ve finished the baby steps!
Here are our daily habits! You’re doing great!
- Get dressed to shoes
- Check your daily routines in your home management binder
- Come back to this post to see the next baby step, or check your emails
- Become aware of a few of your negative thoughts and replace them with positive ones
- Hot Spot – set your timer for two minutes to tackle one hot spot
- Room Rescue – set your timer for five minutes to do a room rescue
- Clean – set your timer for 15 minutes and clean (or declutter) one area
- Shine the kitchen sink
- Plan your outfit for the next day at bedtime
- Set your timer for two minutes to tackle one hot spot
- Look at your home management binder checklists for tomorrow
Today’s mission is to start using a calendar! Whether that’s on your phone, a big one for your kitchen or office, or a cute planner, it doesn’t matter. Get something you use and enjoy using! For me, using the calendar app on my phone works really well. For each appointment or activity, I schedule reminders for myself so I don’t forget them! I have reminders set for 15 minutes before the event, for one hour and for one day. This system has consistently worked for me for several years. What works best for you?
Listen to today’s task on my podcast, The Merry Messy Moms Show!
Click below for the next day of the Flylady 31 Baby Steps – where it says Pages 1 2 3 4, etc.