Day 26 – Each Day is a New Beginning
How are you feeling today? Does it help to know this method is all about progress not perfection?
Here are our daily habits! You’re doing great!
- Make your bed
- Get dressed to shoes
- Check your daily routines in your home management binder
- Check your email for the next baby step – done!
- Become aware of a few of your negative thoughts and replace them with positive ones
- Hot Spot – set your timer for two minutes to tackle one hot spot
- Room Rescue – set your timer for five minutes to do a room rescue
- Clean – set your timer for 15 minutes and clean (or declutter) one area
- Do a quick 1 minute swish and swipe of the main bathroom
- Start a load of laundry
- Start preparing for dinner
- Shine the kitchen sink
- Finish the load of laundry
- Plan your outfit for the next day at bedtime
- Set your timer for two minutes to tackle one hot spot
- Look at your home management binder checklists for tomorrow
- Go to bed at a good time!
Today is another day to continue establishing the steps in the morning and evening routines, and to get some more encouragement and motivation! How's it been going for you so far? What have you learned about yourself during this process? You might consider jotting these thoughts down in a journal today.
One thing to talk about today is how when we feel like we are behind, we often quit and give up. Commit to not doing that this time! Like I've written to you about before – there is no Flylady police that's going to hunt you down and arrest or fine you for not following ALL of the steps! Nope! So don't be the police to yourself either. You're fine right where you are. The beautiful thing about how our days are structured is that each day is a new beginning. If today you're feeling defeated, drink more water, eat something healthy, go to bed early, and start over new tomorrow. Then do your best again tomorrow, but do not give up!
If you're feeling like all of this has gone too fast for you, that's okay, too. Go back to the step where you left off and try to establish that habit, then keep going.