Day 30 – Look Ahead to Next Month
Let's review our daily habits! How are they going for you? Remember, this about progress not perfection, so no beating yourself up or allowing shame to creep in. Just do your best, and some days, that may only look like getting out of bed and getting dressed.
- Make your bed
- Get dressed to shoes
- Check your daily routines in your home management binder
- Check your email for the next baby step – done!
- Become aware of a few of your negative thoughts and replace them with positive ones
- Hot Spot – set your timer for two minutes to tackle one hot spot
- Room Rescue – set your timer for five minutes to do a room rescue
- Clean – set your timer for 15 minutes and clean (or declutter) one area
- Do a quick swish and swipe in your main bathroom
- Make a plan for tonight's dinner
- Start a load of laundry
- Eat lunch and drink your water
- Take a few minutes to relax
- Start Dinner
- Shine the kitchen sink
- Finish the load of laundry
- Plan your outfit for the next day at bedtime
- Set your timer for two minutes to tackle one hot spot
- Look at your home management binder checklists for tomorrow
- Go to bed at a good time!
Today you're going to look ahead to next month (or this month if you're at the beginning of it) to see which holidays are coming around, which birthdays there are to celebrate. Set your timer for 15 minutes to do this task! You can even start writing or typing in other events on a calendar you'll need to keep track of, like kids' activities, sports, social gatherings, etc. If there is a birthday coming up, add their gift or card to your to-do list. The Flylady suggests to do this every month on the 27th, so you get ahead for these special days! This will make it easier to enjoy those birthdays, sporting events, and social gatherings because you won't be planning last-minute and feeling stressed!