Day 25 – Progress Not Perfection
How’d your swish and swipe go yesterday? Did you see just how fast it is to keep a bathroom clean? This will save you time when you go to clean the whole bathroom later on!
Here are our daily habits! You’re doing great!
- Make your bed
- Get dressed to shoes
- Check your daily routines in your home management binder
- Check your email for the next baby step – done!
- Become aware of a few of your negative thoughts and replace them with positive ones
- Hot Spot – set your timer for two minutes to tackle one hot spot
- Room Rescue – set your timer for five minutes to do a room rescue
- Clean – set your timer for 15 minutes and clean (or declutter) one area
- Do a quick 1 minute swish and swipe of the main bathroom
- Start a load of laundry
- Start preparing for dinner
- Shine the kitchen sink
- Finish the load of laundry
- Plan your outfit for the next day at bedtime
- Set your timer for two minutes to tackle one hot spot
- Look at your home management binder checklists for tomorrow
- Go to bed at a good time!
One of my favorite things that the Flylady teaches is the concept of progress not perfection. This is not about making sure you have a perfect home management binder – it’s useless if you don’t use it or if it isn’t helpful! It’s not about making sure the cleaning you’re doing is done perfectly or even to completion. What the Flylady so brilliantly teaches is that it’s about SMALL, consistent, daily actions. There are days where I barely get anything done at all except my morning and evening routines! And even then sometimes I don’t complete those routines. But I take a deep breath and make sure I go to bed early, get a good night’s sleep, so tomorrow I have the energy to get more done that day.
Please be so careful to not use this method as another way with which to beat yourself up or allow shame or guilt to take over. The Flylady gives us an amazing framework, and then we adjust it to our own lifestyle and needs.
Click below for the next day of the Flylady 31 Baby Steps – where it says Pages 1 2 3 4, etc.